THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Greetings!

Ok so this is my 1st post actually on this blog...the others i copied from fb just to save time.  This blog totally isnt anywhere near where i would want it to be for having ppl read it...oh well.

Started this mostly for myself, as typing seems to be faster and more efficient form of journaling.

So, today was actually my 1st official day of radiation!  If u havent read any previous posts...i was diagnosed w brain cancer when i was 22 (im 24 now) and had 2 brain surgeries in 2/2008 and 12/2008...i have a grade 2 oligoastrocytoma (making up about only 2% of all brain tumors)  Currently, i am being seen at one of the BEST medical facilities specializing in brain cancer research etc w (literally) the most amazing team of docs one could hope for! I'm at the University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle, WA (tho i live in Tacoma, WA).  My NeuroOnc is Dr. Marc Chamberlain (Neurosurgeon-Dr. Silberguild :O)) and my new Radiologist is Dr. Rockhill!  Didnt have the greatest experience at Tacoma General Hospital w Dr. Harris as my surgeon...may go into all the history at a later time or if anyone is interested :O))

So my last scheduled day of radiation (traditional Radn, using 4 "beams" ..on basically the whole front half of my brain) is Sept 9...they say my hair will start "hurting" next wk and then fall out...which doesnt really bother me that much--just as long as it grows back!! (i think it will)...  Major symptoms is fatigue, headaches, and change in appetite.  my "brain cancer treatment 101" post goes into more of these details...just wanted to say a quick hello on day #1!! only 27 more to go! piece of cake ;o)) feelin good...happy...looking forward to the future!! so much i could say...just came down w a cold over the weekend n definately need to get some sleep!!

pics to come...

1 comments:

intothewild said...

dang... i wanna hear more about your previous surgories... I am really curious... hahah. this song makes your page seem so sad...