THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, July 26, 2010

(OLD draft)This blog is nowhere *near* "ready"...oh well


So had my "dry" radiation run today... met my "team"...will meet w my doc (Rockhill-the best) tomorrow (and once a wk) after my first official treatment! not scared or any kind of anything at all...i'm actually excited. :O)) is that weird? seems kinda like it...must be some kind of "Higher Power" (ie: God) thing bc i just dont think thats a "natural" kind of reaction to ones beginning of radiation therapy (an attempt to postpone/stop progression of BRAIN CANCER) ...right???

anyway...So I'm SOOOOO thankful and relieved that i get my apt time i wanted every day till SEP 9th! (my last scheduled day) and that time is: ONE O CLOCK!! (only about fifteen minutes in and out...just a few min under beam(s))!! ...just *perfect*!! couldnt ask for a better time, SEASON (summer- in the NW!!) or CITY to be havin radiation :O)) thought occured to me today that maybe if my tumor grew as they sort of thought/expected (ie: needing treatment 5-7 more yrs down the road) i would most likely/definately be in another city/state/country...and who knows what kind of outcome i would have had then! (bc right now i honestly have the best team of radiologists/physisists/dosologists etc who made my "plan" which determined beam formation/necessary radiation dose/concentration etc...and how to avoid optical nerve and pituitary gland etc!!)

wow...i could go on...

so i had a **great** day (was DRAAAAGGINNGG from my eventful weekend till i educated myself bout human trafficking which made me so ANGRY n got my blood pumpin)...then my brain would not stop thinkin of things i could do!! MAN!! i just need TIME... MONEY and TALENT(ed) individuals to help!! ....the vision that is ;o)) !!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!!!! i cannot tell u how pumped ("passionate," if u will) i am about these social justice issues!!! GRRRRR!!!! just need TIME! and $$!!! sigh...i have hope :O))
ANYWAY.

(this is more a journal entry for myself bc i think its faster than writing at this point....)

so i had a ***FANTASTIC*** nite out w some rediculously cool ppl. :D!!!!! climbed up my first control tower by the tracks at Titlow Beach...hung there for a while and watch/heard a train blow
and drive by like 2 ft away from us. (!!!) it was AWESOME!!! ....lil bit later i blew my 1st didgeridoo!!!!! :D!!!! wow. cant *beliEve* i actually got to do that!!! those things are POWERFUL!!! shofar anyone?? yea. thats not even half the nite. it was so great.

met a guy who has had SIX back surgeries and FOUR knee surgeries... (!!!!) :O((( he just turned 50 today. the ppl i was w asked me if i could put the tab from my snapple can in this jar....apparently, they are raising $$ for a man named Rob. Hes in his 30s and was diagnosed w (male) breast cancer a few yrs back. But for him it is basically a death sentence bc, get this, HE HAS *NO* INSURANCE!!! anyways, i guess he somehow gets 25 cents for every tab they/he turns in...these ppl even told me that when he comes over, he doesnt use his tabs for himself but for someone else in his position..... :O((( (btw-if anyone feels "led" to help Rob out, i could help facilitate that. ;o)) just cant imagine having that kind of diagnosis and NO insurance!!??????!!!! and ps-that was *almost* ME!!!!!! woooowww....i'm SO incredibly "lucky"... (!!)
anyway. i think thats all i really cared about writing bout. Awesome nite. Awesome ppl. Awesome day...excited for this treatment!! doing well. (!!) interested in keeping busy (!!) n not all downer in my bed ;o)) ...meeting up w ppl...TRYING NEW THINGS!!! GOING ON ADVENTURES!!!! making friends....LEARNING...hearing stories!!! fyi-please dont hesitate to call (i'm not "sick"...not too busy to talk/return ur call...love hearing from *all* of u... :O)
ok im done. off to bed!!

0 comments: